- electoral map
- midterm bias to GOP base (turnout)
- voters unhappy with personal economic experience.
- reversion to mean on social issues - especially male response to gay marriage, women's issues
Whose interests are served by outcome?
- the 1%, especially the 0.1%
- megacorps (corporate tax reduction)
What policies are likely to be advanced?
- corporate tax reduction
What policies will now be delayed or reversed?
- ObamaCare (McConnell means what he says)
- Carbon control
- Immigration changes
- Economic equality agenda
- Bank and finance controls
- Disinflation response
What are implications for 2016?
- Probably helps Dems
What do I think?
- Disappointing, not surprising.