People come to our gym and in two months they’re doing double unders.
I am not those people. After ****** of practice I do about 5 DU with 2 singles between each as I advance backwards across the floor. (I think this is “piking” and is related to using a longer than desired rope)
As someone who has failed at this for so long I’m well placed to recommend these tutorials….
I’d add …
- If you’re practicing at home a glass of wine might not hurt
- Try a metronome? (free on iPhone)
- Chest has to stay high.
- Warm up with 25 singles, then 10 slow high singles, then to the DUs.
- I like long handles that amplify my poorly coordinated wrist snap
- I think my speed rope is too long
- I might try the beaded rope, they are supposed to help old people. (50 isn’t old …)
I’m on record saying if I ever get 10 consecutive DUs and a single bar muscle up I’ll get a tattoo. Presumably a very small one. I’m not worried.