More than 90% of ‘genuine’ Apple chargers & cables sold on Amazon are fake, says Apple. Finally. Sold “Direct from Amazon” mind you.
Apple is suing the manufacturer but, curiously, not Amazon. I wonder if that settlement will be out of court — and not necessarily monetary. This has been going on for a long time…
- Gordon’s Notes: Counterfeit bicycle components and my defective “Shimano” pedals 7/2015
- Amazon’s counterfeit problems finally make the news. 7/2016
- So how does Amazon get away selling counterfeit Apple 30 pin cables? 1/2014
- Belkin listing on Amazon advises on counterfeit detection. 2/2013
- “Amazon isn’t legally responsible for keeping counterfeit material off the site” 7/2016
I do hope Amazon will pay for this — one way or another. They ripped off a lot of people.