In a list of novel words from around the world, I found six we should add to English, and three in bold I have added to a list of words I practice ...
- tartle (Scots): hestitate while introducing someone because you forgot their name
- Torschlusspanik (German): gate-closing panic as age begins to close off opportunities
- wabi-sabi (Japanese): way of living that peacefully accepts the natural cycle of growth and decay
- dépaysement (French): the feeling of not being in one's own country
- tingo (Pascuense): obtain desired objects from a friend by borrowing them one by one
- l'appel du vide (French): that "call of the void" that makes you feel you want to jump when you look down from somewhere up high