I'm sure there are more. Apple hasn't been doing much for me lately. Yeah, I'm in a grumpy mood. The good news for Apple is that Google's done even worse. The past two years have not been great for the 0.00001% like me.
It can't be all bad though. What, with it's zillions of dollars, has Apple done in the past 1-2 years that I like?
I'll grow the list, but here's the start. Send me additions if you can think of them...
- Mountain Lion looks promising.
- MacBook Air.
- iOS 5 let me override exchange calendar color assignments.
- Six years late, Apple finally delivered iPhoto Pro with it's agonizingly slow and still incomplete Aperture/iPhoto integration project. Way, way late, but it counts.
- Find Friends (I think it will be useful for our family eventually).
- iPhone retina screen - good for old eyes.
- iPhone camera.
The bad and the good are close to balance, which is kind of sad for the world's richest tech company. Of course I'm not their market.