Do the great stagnation failures of the research enterprise and the modern publicly traded corporation have the same roots? Are not both ant-colony-like adaptive entities with emergent agendas of "their" own? An agenda to grow and survive regardless of the interests of their individual members or of their economic and human ecosystems?
- Emergent computation -- the thinking world (Nature) 1/2004
- Malice, incompetence, and happy accidents 5/2011
- Why do corporations (firms) exist? 10/2010
- Speculation: The corporate ecosystem and American stasis 11/2010
- Why did medical progress slow after 1984? 12/2010
- Unemployment and the great stagnation 1/2011
PS. Extra credit speculation. Could these longterm trends be an independent contributor to the lesser depression? Independent of the macroeconomic disequilibria of disruptive globalization and IT innovation?