1. Create link to Excel spreadsheet in Access database.I suspect I could not duplicate this I tried, but I'm not going to try. This is the price one pays for using features of Microsoft products that are not tested by millions every day ...
2. Sort, view data in Access.
3. Click on properties button, get warning that properties can't be changed.
4. Click cancel (ok, i won't bother)
5. Lose connection to Excel spreadsheet
6. Discover spreadsheet is now gibberish
7. Regret not creating other copy prior to step #1
Thursday, September 15, 2005
The joy of bugs -- Access and Excel
It's been a while, but I experienced the joy of using advanced features of Microsoft software.