It targets veterans who are frightened (emphases mine) ...
Oath KeepersOk, not much doubt about who they're talking about. Presumably the secret service keeps tabs on these guys.
.... the 'enemy' is a shadow ... one that neither knows or respects geographical or political boundaries, one who flies no flag nor wears a uniform, and is one who hides in the dark behind front-men and paid puppets with important titles. What could define a “terrorist” more clearly?
We are told that our "enemies" are in caves in the middle east, or they are behind every corner here at home. None of whom ever seem to surface!
Those “enemies” who have surfaced, however, are clearly visible if our eyes are open.
Our real enemies are in the news each day posing as those who are our betters and saviors (according to them.) ...
The list of things they won't do illuminates the breadth and depth of their fear ...
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.So they're afraid of a 1984 movie scenario?
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control.”
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
The Oath Keepers may be a retread of the Birchers and the Klan, but we have reasons to treat them as a warning sign. These people were angry and dangerous during the Clinton years when times were good, so imagine what they're like now.
We need to think of ways to diminish their fear.
Update 4/14/09: The Department of Homeland Security has profiled the resurrection of right wing terrorist groups. Gingrich and other GOP extremists are deeply offended that right wing whackos are considered dangerous.