- Economist Brad DeLong: The Curious Triumph of RomneyCare
- Physicist Sean Caroll: Obamacare | Cosmic Variance
- Science fiction author John Scalzi: Health Care Passage Thoughts
- NYT Infographic: How the Health Care Overhaul Could Affect You
I think it's pretty damned awesome that the three* most intelligent commentaries I've read were written by amateur blog-only journalists. (Ok, so Sean is probably paid for his science blog).
Incidentally, I expect my "taxes" will rise to pay for this. More on why, how and where the quotes come from in a later post. We're good with that.
PS. DeLong: RomneyCare Passage Aftermath - support Betsy Markey (for her courage)
* I wrote "four" originally but I moved one to the PS and didn't decrement!
Update: The Christian Science Monitor has a detailed breakdown. Well done.
Update 3/24/2010: Leonhardt focuses on the distributive nature. This is why the GOP is enraged.
Update 3/24/2010b: Uwe Reinhardt points to the readable references. He discretely but clearly points out the cost will be higher than the CBO score -- but much less than the Bush Part D boondoggle.
Update 3/28/2010: HCR and labor motility