- Grand Unified Theory - 2000 - Brian Greene and Martin Rees
- Time - 1999 - Lee Smolin and Neill Johnson
- Quantum Gravity - 2001 - John Gribbin, Lee Smolin and Janna Levin
I'm a fan of Gribbin and Greene in particular. I tagged several Gribbin posts back when I was catching up with modern interpretations of Quantum Mechanics - before we started doing entanglement experiments with grossly macroscopic entities. Greene wrote the best modern physics book of the past decade (the non-string bits are the best), I'm way late to give it a review.
These gentleman turn out to be verbal gymnasts as well as physicists and writers. Really, it's not fair - but at least they share.
- Putting 'In Our Time' on your iPod (2006) - turn Real Audio stream into MP3
- In Our Time archives - EVERY EPISODE from Oct 15 1998 onwards
- Our Time: Symmetry, Moonshine, String Theory and E8
- Gordon's Notes: In Our Time (tag)
Post a Comment