What I wanted from the new iPhone and Apple
- Ability to specify calendar colors for Exchange Server/ActiveSync calendars
- Water resistance
- Lower cost data plans
- Parental controls that work (ability to disable embedded browsers).
- Fix the Apple ID debacle
- Bicycle directions on the Map app
What I got
- A new connector with a $30 adapter.
- No more parental controls for YouTube (since it's a separate app).
- A map app without Google bicycle routes
- A bunch of features I don't care much about
- A dumbed down version of iTunes that will probably omit much of many of the query (smart list) abilities I rely on
- More iCloud fail
Meh. I'll probably buy another AT&T iPhone and extend my contract, but I'll wait until I see how the different data plans shake out. The $30 adapter is particularly arrogant.