What's the alternative?
- Shut down and open up -- trying to stay under healthcare capacity.
- Buy time to find meds that work a bit, better care approaches for outpatient, hospital, ICU. There are some that look promising now (not HCQ).
- Buy time to build up manufacturing, supply chains, new jobs in COVID-19 care and management, serology that actually works.
- In a year or two we have some vaccines that work like those developed for animal COVID.
- COVID becomes a second yearly severe flu, worse than the Swine flu. On top of the traditional flu.
- We have fewer people over 80.
- Many countries will stop Americans from visiting.
In Minnesota we'll let Georgia make the mistakes. If Massachusetts succeeds we'll try that.