Dyer has 4 new articles out:
- Maliki blinked: Sadr came out ahead, but it doesn't matter anyway. Soon America will leave and Iraq will be forgotten.
- Zimbabwe: I'd skip this one, nothing much in it.
- Olympics: The running of the torch was a Hitler invention. (!) Look for trouble in India, and mockery in Australia.
- Nepal: The Maoists won the election.
- Berlusconi; The best of this batch, see below ...
...To elect Berlusconi once, as Oscar Wilde might have put it, may be regarded as a misfortune. To elect him twice looks like carelessness. But to elect him THREE TIMES is beyond a joke, for he is the most transparent fraud to have held high public office in a major European country since the Second World War. He even makes the late Boris Yeltsin look serious and competent by comparison...
My country re-elected George Bush, so I have some sympathy for the shame and horror intelligent Italians must feel today. Between Italy electing Berlusconi, and Nepal electing Maoists terrorists, Democracy is looking a bit peaked.