There are a lot of things I don't love about Toodledo. I really, for example, dislike their lack of full text search.
It's good then that they do some things very well. Import and export for example.
It's even better that they do one very important thing extremely well. You can mail a task into Toodledo.
Ah, you're not impressed? You think other task management services do this?
Perhaps, but so far only Toodledo does it right. I use this all the time. When I email someone and I want to track the response, I BCC my secret Toodledo task address. I create tasks from just about anywhere I can generate an email.
Creating tasks by email is a killer feature.
- GTD: Introduction to a series
- GTD: Create appointments not tasks
- GTD: Creating a project vs. editing a persistent task
- GTD: grouping tasks into Projects using Context with ToDo.app and Toodledo
and elsewhere ...
- Gordon's Tech: Toodledo gets it 8/2008
- Gordon's Tech: Toodledo: How you can give me the search I need with your current architecture 9/2011
- Gordon's Tech: Email to Task: Remember the Milk gets it wrong, Appigo and Toodledo do it right 10/2011
- Gordon's Tech: Tasks from Palm to iPhone via Toodledo 9/2009
- Gordon's Tech: Using Outlook Tasks: a mini-tutorial 8/2008: I don't use Outlook for personal tasks, and I switched from using Outlook tasks to focusing on creating Appointments - but that's a longer story. Work and home are different; I need a task list at home because they are small and opportunistic.
Post a Comment