It was just a personal site, I think it is cool that a shade of it lives on, and of course for me it's fun to see the old page.
The menu on the right side included things of interest over a decade ago
- A "starter" page for family physicians (used to teach net use)
- FrontPage (97) esp: how to use
- WiFi for home
- MORE and GrandView - old beloved apps
- My personal medical notes
- Our Family News page (still active and updated)
- Commuting bike page (still gets many hits, but it's archived)
- Palm and "WWAN" - which back then was wireless wide area networking -- a bit before the BB, much less the iPhone
The site was dependent on a robust wysiwyg personal web site editor, and that technology died around 2001. On July 19, 2002, when my brother was lost, I wrote my first blog post. Almost ten years ago.
I archived the site in 2011, but the old links still work (they're simply not exposed) and I still search the site. If I ever find a replacement for FrontPage 97 I would at least like to resurrect the bicycling page in my Kateva.org domain. (When I retire I can go back to hosting pages under my "real name".)